31 January 2008

My brain hurts






I had what counts as an epiphany for a refit project two days ago, I realised what was wrong with the thought process behind the galley layout. Eureka! My original plan was based around the fact that you went to the bottom of the companionway, turned left and you were into the galley. If that isn't mandatory, the galley entrance could be moved forward and the whole area opens up to provide the space we seemed to be lacking.




I have mocked up the settee berth arrangements and it all seems to fit, I have been hassling the boatbuilder about a start date (not that it makes any difference but it makes you feel like you are doing something...) and obtained a quote for the new Lewmar hatches and portlights. I will probably order them tomorrow as there is a bit of lead time required for delivery.








Other news is that my Beta 75hp engine is approaching the country. This doesn't make any difference to me (apart from having to find more money to pay for it) but apparently it will be on display at the upcoming Auckland Boat Show. Somehow it doesn't feel like 15 minutes of fame...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Nice blog however I'm eager to learn about the progress. on your project.
Best regards Lucas Pinxten Indonesia