15 January 2008

Galley removal




The idea has been to clear out the interior to enable me to mock up the new saloon layout. I had an attempt but worked out that I needed to remove the rest of the galley so I could figure out where the stove would fit.




Removing the fridge box in the corner was the most disgusting job I have done for a few years. Once I had dismantled the surrounding woodwork I took the 2 cold plates out and dragged the box out. There was no way that it was going to fit out of the companionway so I needed to cut it up. Now every tool I have is blunt - I finally worked out the best way of cutting was a cutting disk on my angle grinder. That nuked it.




Then the worst bit, dealing with 30 years of cockroach life under the fridge box. It was about 25 mm (1 inch) thick, probably enough said.

No comments: